Monday, June 21, 2010

To Start.

All babies look stunning in a bonnet. Really, the first 4 or 5 years of life are the only times that a person can wear a bonnet and not look ridiculous or like a member of some conservative religious sect.  I made Squeakerton this bonnet using the Prudent Baby Reversible Bonnet Tutorial.  I did have to cut the pattern down about an inch all the way around so that it would fit my dovecake's head.  Tonight, when it stops feeling like a sauna outside we are going to the fabric store to get snaps for the snap gun so that she can have a tidy Girl-scout-esque tie underneath her sweet chin. Precious.

Behind Amelie's head in the bonnet picture you can see a burp cloth, which is flannel and terrycloth and the greatest, most absorptive option available to us.  The cloths are totally easy to make and well worth your time.  They're the perfect size.  Again, Prudent Baby.  I'm addicted.




I also made this nursing cover, using the Prudent Baby tutorial.  I had the lovely vintage fabric in my stash.  Now I need to practice using the cover...

No comments:

Post a Comment